Planning a new hardwood floor installation? Do you know which aspects do you need to check before deciding upon the new hardwood flooring for your beautiful home? We will advise you on all the important factors that must be taken to consideration, in particular;
- Hardness: Oak, Maple, Cherry, Pine or Ash? The options are many and most clients make their decision based on the shade of the wood that matches with the interiors. However, the hardness plays a bigger role. Not all of these hardwood types are ‘hard’. The ‘grain strength’ imparts hardness to the wood, and that varies with the type of timber.
- Finish: Very glossy finishes tend to get dull with time, and may also create a glare that irritates some people. We often recommend a semi-gloss finish for refinishing works.
Hardwood Floor Installation – Timber Choices
We are experts in the installation of all hardwoods. Oak, Maple, Ash, Pine to just name a few. We install any wood flooring products including exotic woods like Brazilian cherry and bamboo. We do custom borders and inlays to make you hardwood floor a masterpiece.
Except for a few rare exotic woods, most hardwood floors come in 3 finishes- Gloss, Semi Gloss or Satin.
- Gloss finish is the shiniest of all the three. However, an imperfection or a scratch is visible on Gloss finish much more readily than on Semi Gloss or Satin. Also, this finish tends to reflect bright light that sometimes causes glare.
- Satin finish is a finish fit for homes which need an antique or period look. There are customers who prefer to finish their brand new home in an old fashioned way. Satin Finish goes perfect with such homes.
- Semi Gloss comes in between the two. It is neither too shiny nor too dull, making it a popular choice.
Pre-finished Hardwood Floor Installation
Before, During and Finished sequence…
Many of our flooring projects have been featured in Architectural Digest (www.architecturaldigest.com) magazine. We work with some of the finest builders in the New Hampshire and Massachusetts area. For top quality hardwood floor installation and finish we are the best! No project too large and no project too small – give us a call today to get your hardwood flooring done right.